Perry Hall Baptist Church is not a building but a people – people who are passionate about knowing God, changing lives, and connecting with others. We have a heart to reach northern Maryland with the life-changing power of Jesus Christ!
Perry Hall Baptist Church began as an outgrowth of Overlea Baptist Church which began in 1918. Ground was bought at 8855 Belair Road in Perry Hall in 1956. On March 12th, 1961, the first service was held in the new facility and the congregation rose to their feet and were declared charter members of the newly incorporated Perry Hall Baptist Church.
In September of 1971, our Church established the Perry Hall Christian School. It began with 29 students that first year with students in kindergarten through second grade. The following year grades 3 through 6 were added and every year after that a new grade was added, until in 1979, the school had its first graduating class. PHCS provides an excellent education that is distinctively Christian for children K3-12th grade. See the PHCS link at the top of this page.
Perry Hall Baptist Church quickly outgrew its facilities on Belair Road, so ground was purchased at our present location at 3919 Schroeder Avenue in March of 1976. In January of 1977, services began in the newly completed Multi-purpose Building. On March 13, 1977, the present church sanctuary was completed and dedicated.
The following have served as Pastor of Perry Hall Baptist Church:
1961 – Rev. George Lynch
1968 – Rev. Dr. Charles Hendricks
1978 – Rev. Paul Anderson
1987 – Rev. Dr. James Atwell
1992 – Rev. Dr. Kenneth Moon
2004 – Rev. Jeffrey Hartman